Tuesday, 8 October 2013

IRRI continues to promote workplace health and wellness through special fitness programs

Since the launch of the Group Exercise Classes at Headquarters in April 2013, two of the most popular fitness programs have been Yoga and Zumba.

One exercise enthusiast says, “the zumba classes at IRRI are very helpful for me in achieving my immediate health and fitness objectives. I have to have a regular form of exercise to help manage my blood pressure and blood sugar, and the Zumba classes that I've attended, combined with a diet that was prescribed by my internist, helped me achieve my goals and I've lost almost 25 lbs in three months! I hope IRRI continues to offer this wonderful program. It is also a very effective way to relieve me of work-related stress... “Yoga is perfect for many IRRI staff who  spend the whole day sitting in front of the computer, cos it provided the much needed stretching and tension releasing exercise routines,” says a Yoga enthusiast employee.

Zumba classes are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 5:30 AM to 6:30 AM. Special sessions for IRRI spouses/partners are held every Monday and Thursday from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. IRRI. Yoga classes are held every Friday from 5:40 PM to 6:40 PM.

Group exercise classes are part of the HRS Health and Wellness program.  Participants are required to sign-up every class day to secure a space. For bookings and information, please contact HRS Workplace Relations & Advisory Services (HRS-WRAS) team at ext. 2363 or send email to irrihrs-wras@irri.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment